Growing up as a girl is both fun and hard at the same time, but growing up as a girl in India is definitely a pain in the ass. But it’s the worst for all the 20 year olds who have to face banters of questions that come up every time relatives or aunties are over for a visit. It’s these kinds of questions that probably make you wish that you never have to see them ever again. So here are all the frequently asked questions that are relatives love to annoy us with.
1. ‘So, how much are you going to study?’
2. ‘It’s high time you started thinking about marriage, isn’t it?’
3. ‘Are you two going out?’
4. ‘Don’t you know how to cook? Your in-laws wouldn’t want you to be handicapped in the kitchen.’
5. ‘Why do you go out so much? Is it to see a guy?’
6. ‘Is it really safe to live alone in the city without your parents?’
7. ‘Why do you share so much on social media?’
8. ‘Why don’t you dress a little more age appropriately?’
9. ‘Why don’t you take out time to pray in the morning? This is why you’re still running for success.’
10. ‘Why don’t you start exercising? It would help tone your edges.’
11. ‘Why don’t you put aside that phone and join us in a conversation?’
12. ‘Why haven’t you gotten your nose pierced? You shouldn’t totally evade tradition.’
13. Why do you have so many guy friends?
14. When would you learn to make round chapatis?