Love is more than simply hearts and kisses, but it's something worth fighting for. When it comes to relationships, there is always more than what meets the eye. Things that seem like a breeze on t.v. or in stories actually turn out to be ordeals that need to be overcome. And what many of us don’t find out until we’re actually faced with the situation, is that the lovey dovey conversations and romantic dates are only the tip of the ice berg; there are a lot of things that go into building a strong relationship; and most of them aren’t as fun and carefree as you might have been made to believe.
So, here are few things you need to know to keep your relationship from crashing into the sea
1. No matter how strongly you feel that you’ve found the right person for you, love will always be a gamble as you can never be 100% sure and none of us can predict the future.
2. You may think that the little things don’t count, but as time goes by it’s always the little things that will play the greatest part in your relationship.
3. Rather than believing that you were ‘meant to fall in love’ it’s more important to consciously choose your partner each day.
4. A long and lasting relationship tends to lose the excitement it has in its initial stages, but it will provide you with more happiness and contentment than any fling ever can.
5. Sometimes, your partner will drive you crazy (and not in a good way), but what you need to keep in mind is that this is also the same person who has given you unbounded love and happiness. A disagreement can never mar the love you hold for each other.
6. Physical attraction is important, but everybody gets old. The more attracted you are to their values and to their personality in the beginning, the more likely they are to just become more attractive to you as you grow old together.
7. You will never be completely in love with every single aspect of your significant other. Some of their quirks will be irresistible; whereas others will drive you up the wall. What’s important is that you love them as a whole, without trying to change them into someone whom they are not.
8. Sometimes, when you’re frustrated, you’ll think that shutting your partner out and emotionally removing yourself from the problem at hand is the mature thing to do but it may tend to make things worse. It’s best to try to talk about your feelings even if it’s the harder thing to do.
9. Sometimes, loving your partner will not be effortless. It will take work. That doesn’t make your relationship a failure. It just makes you both real.
10. You will never be completely fulfilled by another person. They can make you feel whole, loved, and happy but they cannot live your life for you. You will have to walk down life’s lane on your own, and the only thing they can offer you is their companionship.